Lockdown 5.0 will commence from June 1 but the fifth edition will allow greater freedom and fewer curbs for the citizens. Districts have been divided into Red, Orange, Green, and containment zones, 5.0 will have different sets of rules for all these zones.
What is allowed and what is not
The worst affected areas are clubbed in the containment zones and no relaxations will be provided in these areas. Lucknow although not in containment zone has COVID hotspots within the city and these hotspots will remain shut in 5.0 too as well.
- Businesses, offices, and shops are expected to open but the wait for malls and multiplexes to open its doors is going to be longer.
- School, gyms, colleges, and religious places will remain shut in all zones.
- Shopping centers in Lucknow will open but with restrictions. Offices with a roster system or only essential personnel will be allowed.
- Express trains, mails with 30% capacity will run between major stations. Railways will begin 100 non-AC passenger trains followed by AC trains from June 15.
- Inter-state bus service is also expected to resume with adherence to social distancing norms.
- HRD Ministry has released a schedule for pending 10th and 12th Board examinations.
Lockdown 5.0 will be 14 days long and the decision to extend it rests solely with the state governments.
India’s corona meter is rising daily and many have raised doubts on the timing of the lockdown. Easing restrictions will increase the number of cases exponentially and could overburden the already stretched health sector.
India is recording 4000+ cases every day and the current migrant exodus has been the chief reason for it. Although the authorities have taken adequate precautions and quarantine measures, the virus has spread to Tier-III and IV cities.
Lockdown 5.0 has eased restrictions but comes with added responsibility. Practice social distancing, follow rules, take necessary precautions, and stay safe.