Get ready to tune in for the much awaited and buoyant Olympics 2020, happening in Tokyo next year!
Kicking off from the 24th of July, 2020, there’s a lot of buzz surrounding the games that will be taking place next summer.
As per the buzz, there will be a lot of new introductions this time and we surely do not want you to miss out on any. Advanced technology, new athletes and some new sports would be the new inclusions this time.
So here’s what all you need to know about the much awaited and upcoming Olympics 2020.
- Tokyo has become the 5th city which has hosted Olympics more than once. It is the second time that Tokyo will be hosting the Summer Olympics.
- This year, watch out for something unique that would be happening at the Olympics. The 5000 medals that are to be awarded, would be made out of old electronics. Japanese citizens would have the opportunity to make their contribution for this gigantic event.
- The number of robots to be deployed at Tokyo’s Haneda Airport has been increased. These friendly machines are competent enough to assist with the baggage, translate in 4 different languages and also capable of giving directions.
- It is believed that some of the city’s iconic landmarks will serve as the benchmark for the game. Some of those included would be The Imperial Palace Gardens, Musashi No Mori Park and the Fuji International Speedway.
- Five new games will be on the events schedule for the first time. Skateboarding, sport climbing, surfing, karate, baseball and softball are a part of the list. Although, baseball and softball have been absent from past two editions of the game but have been added back again.
To know more, visit https://tokyo2020.org/en/